Juliusz P. Schauder Center for Nonlinear Studies was founded in 1991 at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. The center's mission is supporting mathematical research in the field of nonlinear analysis and its applications as well as intiating scientific relations between different research communities.
The current main activities are the following:
- publishing a high class scientific journal TOPOLOGICAL METHODS IN NONLINEAR ANALYSIS,
- awarding a J. P. Schauder medal for scientific achievements and contributios to nonlinear anaysis (including the appointment of a medal jury),
- organizing lectures, conferences and scientific workshops devoted to nonlinear analysis in a wide sense,
- publishing the LECTURE NOTES IN NONLINEAR ANALYSIS series,
- supporting mathematically talented young people.
The center activities are supported by the Scientific Council appointed by Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University for the time of three years.
Luis Nirenberg passing away
We have deeply regretted the news that Luis Nirenberg, the Abel Prize winner (in 2015) and a longtime member of the Editorial Committee of our journal Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis passed away on 26 January 2020, aged 94. He collaborated with the J. P. Schauder Center for Nonlinear Studies from the very beginning of the journal in 1993. To learn more about the life and achievements of Luis Nirenberg one could read the obituary article in Nature, on 17 February 2020.